Monday, August 29, 2011

Review - Books by Larry McMurtry


Books: a memoir by Larry McMurtry
Publisher: Simon & Schuster 2008
Hardcover 259 pages



I haven't read any of Larry McMurtry's fiction. I've picked up The Last Picture Show on one or two occasions, but each time checked it back in without even opening up the cover. Sadly, reading his memoir does not entice me in the least to read any of his fiction. I thought that as a fellow book lover, I would be greatly interested in his tales of being in the antiquarian book trade. I've enjoyed other biographies of booksellers (see my review of Warmly Inscribed) and was really looking forward to reading this book. But alas, this book was less about a love for books than a name-dropping exercise on who's who in the book world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Beyond the Stacks Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template