Thursday, September 10, 2009

Review - Size 14 is Not Fat Either by Meg Cabot


Size 14 is Not Fat Either by Meg Cabot
Publisher: HarperCollins 2006
Paperback 344 pages


I know, I know... another Meg Cabot book. I swear this it my last one. I never thought that I would be the type of reader that would get hooked on chick lit. But even those of us with the most discerning of literary tastes like to let loose for a time and chow down on what is the literary equivalent of fast food.

So I'll say one thing for Cabot, she is consistent if she is nothing else. Her character, Heather Mills, is a sharp, funny heroine that has enough flaws mixed with just the right amount of heart that we can't help but to root her on. In this latest novel, Heather is once again at the center of a murder mystery as a cheerleader living in her dorm (oops I mean residence hall) is found decapitated and boiling in a pot of water on the cafeteria stove. Ewww. Much to the chagrin of all of her friends and the detective assigned to the case, Heather finds herself caught up in trying to clear the dead girls reputation and bring the killer to justice. With plenty of great one-liners and a mystery that is easy, but not too easy, to solve this is just one more good read to take to the beach.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Beyond the Stacks Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template